The Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 is promoted by Kodak as an effective, very affordable point and click digital camera that incorporates the durability of a low-cost tough camera with the advantages and attributes of its more higher-end comparable versions. For example, the camera has a 2.4 inch LCD screen, a unifocal lens (fixed focal length, i.e. no optical zoom), 12MP resolution, waterproof up to 10 feet and dustproof. The EasyShare Sport does not have HD capability, but is able to record in VGA only and is powered by two double AA batteries.
For this camera, waterproof photos are important, but another exciting feature is the Kodak Share button. Users can tag their pictures directly from the camera and use social networking sites or email to share them with friends and family. Kodak understands that the EasyShare Sport is not in the same category with the higher end waterproof cameras, but it can hold its own for consumers that do not want to break the bank on a rugged waterproof dustproof camera. As a starter camera, the Kodak EasyShare can be used by young photographers and is a recommended camera of choice for the newbie snapper. The question asked is whether the EasyShare Sport can genuinely produce the best for both worlds?
*NOTE: Recently, Kodak filed bankruptcy as a means to re-structure. In doing so, the announcement was made that Kodak was going to stop making digital cameras, but would continue to produce batteries and other camera accessories. This may become a problem as far as purchasing the camera and of course obtaining support. The camera is very economical now probably because of Kodak’s exit from the digital camera market.
Kodak EasyShare Sport Product Features
- Waterproof up to 10 ft underwater
- Dust, dirt and sand proof
- Display size: 2.4 inch 112K TFT color LCD
- Resolution: 12 megapixels
- Face Detection
- Multiple scene and color modes
- No auto focus, camera has fixed focus
- Zoom: 5X advanced digital; no optical zoom
- Equipped with Kodak’s Smart Capture feature
- Shoots HD quality pictures
- Kodak Share Button: One-button upload to e-mail, Kodak PULSE Display and other social media sites
- Optical Sensor Technology: CCD
- Image types: JPEG
- Takes VGA video at a 640×480 resolution
- Storage: 32MB internal storage; 19 MB available for video and photo storage
- SD/SDHC card expansion slot up to 32GB
- Battery: Runs on two double AA batteries (Get about 150 shots)
- Weight: 6.2 oz with battery and memory card
- Dimensions: 3.6 x 2.6 x 1.2 inches
Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 Feature Descriptions
Waterproof and dustproof: users can shoot photos and video in up to 10 ft underwater with the dustproof design allows camera use in just about any environment. The camera comes equipped with an underwater white balance mode which gives true-to-life colors in the pool or under water.
EasyShare Social Media sharing with KODAK’s Share button: The Sport is the only camera on the market that allows users to simultaneously share digital media to multiple social networks, e-mail and PULSE Digital Frame. Kodak’s Share button makes sharing your videos and pictures really simple with a One Button upload that automatically shares photos and video. When users connect to a PC, photos and videos are tagged to the largest number of social networking sites and it uploads friend tags to Facebook.
12 MP: more megapixels mean better picture quality. Users can crop and enlarge and still have great pictures making prints up to 30 x 40″.
2.4 inch Bright LCD Monitor: users can relive those special moments and view pictures with brilliance and clarity, with brighter, more vibrant details thanks to KODAK Color Science.
Amazing HD quality photographs: take dazzling HD pictures in 16:9 format, and view them in high definition on an HDTV or other HD device.
Shoot Video With Ease: the Sport is capable of recording on land and in up to 10 feet underwater with continuous VGA video. Features include audio capture and in-camera editing, plus video print options including 9-up prints, plus view and share single frames.
Scene and Color Modes: Get great shots time after time with multiple scene modes, including auto, sport, portrait, snow, fireworks, and backlight. Also, included are five different color modes: vivid, full, and basic color, black & white, and sepia.
Face Detection: For great shots of friends and family, face detection locates faces and automatically adjusts camera settings.
Battery Power: The EasyShare Sport is always ready to go using the convenience of AA batteries.
Kodak EasyShare Software: The software provides a complete solution for transferring, online sharing, e-mailing, organizing, editing, and creatively printing pictures.
What’s In The Box
- Kodak EasyShare Sport Camera C123
- Kodak Alkaline AA Batteries
- Wrist strap
- USB cable
- User guide
See what owners of the Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 have to say about the camera:
C. Boldi, states, “Great little camera, even out of the water. This camera was a bought for our trip to Aruba. We wanted to try out taking underwater pictures and were looking for something better than a disposable. We got the camera bundle and it was a very good value.” Review paraphrased. Click here to read the entire review.
Another customer stated, “Fun camera.” Water is starting to seep into the camera with each use. After each use we remove the batteries and the card to let it dry out, this good news is . . . Review paraphrased. Click here to read the entire review.
- Takes good photos and videos for the price
- Hard to see the display, but finally figured out. Under the settings menu, uses can change its brightness. Just put it on automatic (or the highest level, but it will waste batteries). No problem with the display since changing the settings
- Basic camera that can stand up to abuse and takes decent pictures
- Better than disposable waterproof cameras
- Incredibly easy to use, easy interface and upload on the computer
- Economical to own
- Uses AA batteries
- No view finder , camera does not work well in daylight
- Shutter speed is slow if you want to take multiple photos; the screen takes a second to process the photo so you have to wait a few seconds before taking another one
- No dedicated macro mode
- Low digital zoom
- Hard to see the screen and controls when underwater
Overall, most users of the Kodak’s EasyShare Sport C123 Waterproof Digital Camera were pleased with the camera due to the fact that it was a good budget buy, it basically does the same thing as far as images and video recording as the more higher priced cameras. Best waterproof camera reviewers found that the EasyShare Sport is one of the best selling waterproof cameras in the marketplace despite Kodak’s bankruptcy woes.
The EasyShare Sport is a basic waterproof camera that is definitely considered a cost effective alternative to the higher end tough or rugged waterproof cameras. It performs at an acceptable level without a lot of fanfare and over the top features. If you want a camera that will perform adequately in the elements and underwater, this camera is a good buy especially if you do not want to break the bank. For the current price of the KODAK EasyShare Sport C123, click here for more information.
Tagged with: Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 • underwater camera • underwater photography • waterproof camera • waterproof digital camera • waterproof video camera • weatherproof camera • weatherproof compact camera
Filed under: Best Waterproof Camera Reviews
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!