Best Waterproof Camera enthusiasts took a look at one of the most popular underwater cameras in the industry. You can’t research and review any waterproof camera without the being listed as one of the top performing and bestselling camera rugged outdoor waterproof camera. This camera is designed with the active outdoors person in mind. If you are someone who wants to capture quality photos and high definition video, this is the camera for you. Not only does it have great photo and video capabilities, but also it comes with built-in GPS, a compass, altimeter and barometer.
This waterproof camera is available at over 23% off retail price. Click this link to take advantage of this huge discount!
Other features observed by Best Waterproof Camera staff is that the Lumix TS3 is dustproof, waterproof to approximately 40 feet (12m), shockproof to 6.6 feet (2m) and freezeproof to 14 degrees. Most of the reviews on this camera show that most consumers were concerned with the cost of the camera, but despite the cost were very impressed with its features and photo quality.
The Lumix TS3 impressed Best Waterproof Camera reviewers with its 2.7-inch LCD screen with wide-viewing angle and Anti-Reflection coating. Also, If users participate in social media, the Panasonic Lumix TS3 makes it easy. Users have the ability to take photos in 3D utilizing Panasonic’s new 3D Photo mode, upload digital photos onto Facebook using the Lumix Image Uploader and also utilize YouTube for video sharing. The camera also can be connected to a personal computer with the included USB cable and photos and video can be downloaded from the Lumix TS3’s SD memory Card.
Now you can understand why the Panasonic Lumix DMC TS3 is such an awesome waterproof camera. It provides users with flexibility. For example, users can look forward to a variety of different photo scenes including underwater shots where movement can often be restricted and the angle of view can be challenging. If you’ve got the budget, the Best Waterproof Camera reviewers believe this could be the camera for you, so read on to find out more details.
- Active Outdoor Scene Modes: Sports, Snow, Beach & Snorkeling and Underwater
- LEICA DC Lens with Folded Optics Technology
- 28mm Wide-angle Lens
- 12.1-megapixel Hi-speed Resolution
- Sonic Speed AF (Auto-focus)
- Zoom: 4.6X optical zoom
- 2.7-inch LCD viewfinder
- 1080/60i or 720/60p HD video recording
Storage: Built-in 20MB memory
- Ports: memory card slot, USB port, micro HDMI port
- Li-ion battery
- Waterproof Depth: 40 feet
- Shockproof up to 6.6 feet
- Freezeproof down to 14 degrees F
The Panasonic Lumix TS3 is is available at over 23% off retail price. Click this link to take advantage of this huge discount!
- Rugged: The DMC-TS3 has a solid build which means it can stand up to normal wear and tear that makes it pretty resistant to being damaged. It is very important that the camera was designed to be shockproof, waterproof, withstand freezing and it is also dustproof.
- Fast-shooting: This camera is ready to shoot once you turn it on. No waiting for it to open so you can get it ready to use. It is an action camera that is spontaneous and ready for taking pictures so you don’t miss a shot. The camera can shoot at 3.7 frames per second.
- Menu navigation: The menu on the DMC TS 3 is very intuitive which makes it easier to change the settings. The control buttons on the camera are also well placed and responsive.
- Built-in LED Lamp: The DMC-TS3 has a built-in LED lamp which works better than most standard built-in flashes on other cameras. The built-in LED is great in low light conditions both on land and underwater.
- Extra features: Other features include built-in GPS which allows users to tag their photos with their geo-location. Also, there is the built-in compass, an altimeter, a barometer and a depth indicator. These features are not essential to the camera, but are a nice touch in case you might need to use them.
- Image and video Quality: Video and photos taken with the DMC-TS3 have been described as soft images which mean they lack sharpness. This is not a deal breaker because the photos come out to be about average in quality but they don’t take away from the camera itself.
- LED and GPS Drains Battery: The LED viewer drains the battery especially during video recording. If you use the built-in GPS it’ll drain your battery more quickly. This issue is not just unique to the Panasonic, but other cameras in this category suffer from the same problem. However, even after turning off the camera, the GPS continues to stay on for a couple of hours. It is possible to manually switch the GPS off before turning off the camera, but it may become annoying to do so.
Here’s what one owner had to say about the Panasonic Lumix DMC TS3:
This camera has exceeded my expectations in every way. I’ve had the opportunity to use in the rain, the sea and in a pool. The image quality is far superior than I imaged, especially underwater. The HD video is very good both above and below water. The unit seems sturdy based on the abundant amount of metal use on the body. I wouldn’t be worried if I drop it. Why did I buy this? (B. Legate) Review paraphrased for size – view original review here
What Are The Differences Between The Lumix DMC TS3 and DMC TS4?
For the most part what we’ve found at Best Waterproof Camera is that the main features and design of the Panasonic Lumix DMC TS4 waterproof camera has not changed. The TS4 is available in colors orange, blue, black, and silver. Although, the TS4 has some noticeable upgrades, it still manages to maintain the same quality as its predecessor. The major differences between the Panasonic Lumix DMC TS3 and TS4 are:
- Addition of manual shooting modes that allows Aperture and Exposure settings.
- Newly integrated special effects in Creative Control mode (including Miniature Effect, Panorama Shot, Creative Retouch, and Auto Retouch), and a Time Lapse mode.
- TS4 can shoot 1,920×1,080 full-HD video like the TS3, but the TS4 can do so in AVCHD and MP4 formats rather than AVCHD and Motion JPEG like the TS3.
- Updated “Intelligent” enhanced zoom to 9.3X versus 6X in the TS3.
- The most comprehensive GPS Suite in a camera with advanced GPS tracking and logging tools that is touted as the single largest improvement over the TS3.
- In addition to the location data that’s already available on GPS-equipped cameras, the TS4 features:
- An altimeter / depth indicator and log
- A barometer to measure air pressure (capable of predicting the weather)
- Capable of embedding location data in photos and movies
- Automatic clock setting via the GPS signal
- Pre-programmed NAVTEQ points of interest
Although there are a few flaws with the Panasonic Lumix TS3 waterproof camera, the features outweigh the camera’s imperfections. In other words, they are not deal breakers. The Panasonic TS3 comes highly rated and is one of the Best Waterproof Cameras in the industry. Although, the Lumix TS3 is a year old, it already has a new replacement, the Panasonic Lumix DMC TS4 that recently hit the marketplace. Consumers can still purchase the TS3, but keep in mind that it is being replaced by the Panasonic Lumix TS4. You can get the Panasonic Lumix DMC TS3 now at a much lower price! Click here to save on this item and qualify for FREE shipping!
Filed under: Best Waterproof Camera Reviews
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!